Sunday 2 October 2011

Weapons

So Nathan was just over. And good thing my parents were at work since he dropped of his promised package, a short sword. Hilt to blade it's just longer then the length of my shoulder to my elbow. A beautiful dull yellow hilt, and upturned guard. But all this isn't what makes it beautiful, oh no. It's the draw, or at least the sound it makes. You see it has this clip on the top of the sheath that holds the guard, and when the blade hits it on the draw it makes the most satisfying "Shing" sound. I've always loved swords, and to hear that sound outside the movies is SO satisfying. It feels good to finally have some protection, even if it is a little over the top and I'll probably cut myself on accident before I cut any proxies.

Oh well. I have sword and it makes me happy.

3 comments:

  1. -sigh- if only people would trust me with swords....
    Nix, you're damn lucky you're not me or else (not only would you quite literally have no balls) you wouldn't have that sword XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. How come your not trusted with swords?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lesee, accident prone, clumsy, slightly depressed, still recovering from cutting.....

    they let me handle the throwing knives though, I'm decent with them.

    ReplyDelete