Monday 10 October 2011

What is Going on...

What... what is happening? It all started normally today. I decided to go on a walk by the river, you know work of some of my thanksgiving pigout. But then... then in the tree line I saw some movement, and not subtle like a bird flying off, it was big and human shaped. A proxy. Usually in these situations I just turn around and hope they'll leave me alone, but today... today I felt bold for whatever reason (probably the short sword strapped to my leg)  and went in. I saw him crouching a few feet ahead, probably waiting for me to walk that way on the sidewalk. A snuck closer to him and then cracked a branch to get his attention (why did I do that...). I startled him and he jumped up, but he quickly regained his composer once he saw it was me. I final saw his mask, a stupid childish monkey mask that I recognized instantly, he was the one from last month. Very rare to get a repeat proxy. General they only want to ruff me up once then move on.... Anyway once he saw it was me he began the usual proxy taunting.  


Monkey Face: Well, well, well. If it isn't the Child of Ash. Miss me so much  you couldn't wait for me to greet  you?
Me: Actual Mister Monkey Ass, I have been wanting to thank you. (this took him a back a bit, the "Child of Ash" is not one for talking back). It's because of you that I got to meet some new friends.
Monkey Face: Is.. is that so?
Me: Yes, and one of them you should know, considering your groups in a truce with his. Meaning you should be leaving people like me alone.
Monkey Face: Truce?! Truce, truce, truce... OH! You mean thaaaaat. Heh, did you really think that would  last?
Me: Wh-what?
Monkey Face: Hehe, besides even if there was a truce it's way to fun messing with you. Especially since I  know the perfect place to hit~
(I clench my left arm)
Monkey Face: Hehehehe, lets see what happens when that arm of your's get shattered a  second time!


He charged me. And I guess my draws quicker then I thought, as he, nor me, saw my blade until it was lodged hilt deep in his throat. He ran right into it. And before he could react, I jerk my arm to the right and the blade ripped through his neck, almost severing his head. He collapsed instantly, silently, motionlessly. I fell soon after horrified by the sight of some much blood pouring from his neck (did I mention I'm squeamish). The fact I haven't barfed is a miracle. Panic set in soon to, what the hell I'm I supposed to do with a dead body, I thought. And, was he telling the truth when he said the truce was over? I needed answers. And the only one with them was Nathan. I called the number he gave me... but he never... he never answered. I let it ring for what felt like ever, but no answer came. And that's when He arrived. Standing where there nothing was a second earlier. I was to panicked to even say anything, I just stared. He looked at me and then to the body, and placed his hand on it. And then he looked back at me, and I swear to GOD that if he had a mouth he would have been smiling at me. Not a cocky one, but one that would have said that everything is fine and to relax. He then disappeared along with the body, and I was left alone, sitting against this tree that I have been for the past half hour, until I finally got the strength to write this blog (thank god for unpassworded wireless networks). 


There's so much going through my head right now. I don't think I'll find them lying against this tree though....

2 comments:

  1. I'm alive, for now. May not be so lucky by thursday. Don't come try to rescue us, you'll die.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rescue? BAH! Your not worth that.

    ReplyDelete